This two day conference offers leading airport developers and suppliers the opportunity to share expertise and knowledge on upcoming projects and developments in the region.
09:00 - 09:15Opening Remarks
09:15 - 09:30Dubai Airports Keynote
09:30 - 10:00International Keynote
10:00 - 11:00Panel Discussion – Future developments of airports in the Middle East
- What are the challenges in meeting the planned surge in passenger numbers
New project announcements across the region
11:30 - 12:15Utilising passenger data and predictive analytics
- How can individual pieces of data be used to personalise the passenger journey?
- Employing predictive analytics to create smarter border controls
12:15 - 12:45Airport automation and retail – maximizing revenue per passenger
- Is there a threat to traditional revenue streams due to new technologies?
- Innovation and strategies to drive more value from customers
- Where can retailers and airports collaborate in more depth to create more income?
14:00 - 14:30Predicting the behaviors of traveler of the future
- What will be demanded by the future passenger?
- Identifying the potential technologies to be used by the connected traveller
- Encouraging the consumer to share more for greater choice and security
14:30 - 15:30Panel Discussion - Revolutionising the entire passenger journey – from home to boarding
- Creating a clear vision for a digital passenger journey
- Allowing more passenger control before they’ve left home
- Stakeholder collaboration – who’s responsible for what?
16:00 - 16:30Integrating augmented reality(AR) in to passenger experience
- Recognising the challenges to creating a seamless AR experience
- How long before AR becomes universal, and at what scale will airports need to invest?
16:30 - 17:30Panel Discussion - Airport robotics – the future or a fad?
- What are the new and emerging airport robotics?
- Where can robotics create true value for the passenger?
- Analysing the cost implications in the short and long term
17:30Close of Day One
How digitisation is affecting security and safety
09:00 - 09:30Achieving document-less travel...then what?
- Next generation travel documents and apps – what are the limitations?
- What role will blockchain play in the development of paperless travel?
Creating the ‘trusted traveler’ and seamless passenger transition
09:30 - 10:00The modern airport and cyber security
- Where assets are most vulnerable to a cyber-attack?
- What is your risk to a cyber threat and how can it be reduced?
- Identifying and removing insider threats
10:00 - 11:00Panel Discussion - Information and data sharing to enhance the security experience
- Cross border data sharing and airline collaboration for smarter security
- Are digital borders achievable? What needs to be done?
11:30 - 12:00Blockchain and the airport industry
- Where is it currently being used and how does it fit in with current technologies?
- Creating strategies behind blockchain implementation
- Where is the benefit to the airport and passenger?
12:00 - 13:00Getting the right balance between security and passenger experience
- How far can automation go in security screening?
- Understanding your customer - what does the passenger actually want from their security experience?
Analysing tehchnology to improve airport efficiency and operational challenges
14:00 - 14:30Location based services and how they can benefit passenger throughput
- Building on the airport-passenger relationship through beacons and location services
- Integrating beacons in to existing airport wireless infrastructure
14:30 - 15:15Panel Discussion - Refining and normalising airport processes
- Encouraging collaboration to advance disruption resilience across the Middle East
- Building system wide information management for better data sharing
- Upgrading airport systems without effecting operational effectiveness
15:45 - 16:15Artificial intelligence, automation and flight disruption
- Creating awareness through an airport network to improve planning and execution
Assessing the potential for automation within your airport
16:15 - 17:00Panel Discussion - Identifying where digitisation can boost airport efficiency
- What digitisation trends will affect the airport industry?
- Is IoT finally about to take off in airports?
17:00Close of Conference