This two day conference offers leading airport developers and suppliers the opportunity to share expertise and knowledge on upcoming projects and developments in the region.
09:00 - 09:10Opening Remarks
09:10 - 09:25Dubai Airports Keynote
09:25 - 09:40International Keynote
09:40 - 10:00Expo2020: Plans to meet 30 million additional passengers
- Identifying where potential strains will occur when already over capacity
- What are the necessary infrastructure upgrades needed around DXB and DWC?
10:00 - 10:30Panel Discussion – Get up to date on the future developments of airports in the Middle East
- Airport privatization –increasing airline routes & meeting passenger demand
New project announcements across the region & plans to meet increasing passenger demand regionally
10:50 - 11:10Digital Strategy: Developing a short & long term strategic plan for smart technology investment
- Conducting a detailed review to identify areas most critical for technology investment
- Identifying passenger demands for commercial services to enhance airport operational efficiency & meet passenger traffic growth
11:10 - 11:40Utilizing “big data” to reduce airport delays
- Monitoring passenger movements with real-time data analytics and machine learning technology
- Optimizing processes by predicting passengers’ flight connections success rate and how this then impacts border control & security queues
- Overcoming the challenge of silos of data locked in legacy applications
11:40 - 12:10Artificial intelligence, automation and flight disruption
- Creating awareness through an airport network to improve planning and execution
- Assessing the potential for automation within your airport
13:10 - 13:40Why your airport should be looking to adopt advanced IoT technology
- Learn more about how you can measure queues and predict waiting times through WiFi tracking
- Maximize terminal and runway capacity through live and predictive operations
13:40 - 14:10Fully automated terminals: The future of fast & seamless travel
- Going beyond self-service solutions to fully automated airport processes
- From home to baggage collection without interacting with people
- From baggage systems to passenger transport – what a fully automated terminal looks like
14:10 - 14:40Airports of the future: Evolving from near-seamless to seamless passenger experience
- To deliver seamless travel each passenger must be able to personalize their trip; for which passenger data is critical
- Considering the fully integrated operation strategy required to implement seamless travel
15:00 - 15:30Improving passenger experience with smart baggage handling systems
- Using RFID tagging and artificial intelligence for end-to-end baggage tracking
- Implementing processes & procedures to ensure smooth travel for airport personnel, passengers and airlines
- Providing live updates on baggage location to reduce passenger frustration
15:30 - 16:00Digital Transformation: How can we make our airports smarter?
Implementing strategies for the integration of systems and data to drive smart decisions
Analyzing real time data is not only technically possible but is now financially viable
16:00 - 16:30Panel Discussion - Airport robotics – the future or a fad?
- What are the new and emerging airport robotics?
- Where can robotics create true value for the passenger?
- Analysing the cost implications in the short and long term
17:00 - 17:05Closing remarks from Chairman
09:25 - 09:55Panel Discussion: Smart security collaboration initiatives
- Achieving measurable improvements in security effectiveness, operational efficiency and passenger experience
- Sharing security trials results and research from numerous stakeholders
09:55 - 10:25Showcasing Dubai’s Smart Gate; cutting the immigration process to just 10 seconds
- Outlining how the new Dubai Smart Gate can benefit airports across the UAE region
Discussing the immigration benefits for shaving 7 seconds off the current e-gate system
10:55 - 11:25Panel Discussion: Getting the right balance between security and passenger experience
- How far can automation go in security screening?
- Reviewing trials of biometric-enabled self-boarding & removing the need for passengers to present their travel documents
- Allowing passengers to proceed through security checkpoints with minimal inconvenience with risk-based security screening?
11:25 - 11:55Panel Discussion: Overcoming one of the most common airport bottle necks: immigration
- Discover the future of E-Gate technology
- How far are we from enhanced 3D baggage scanning?
- Smart tracking for seamless passenger flow
11:55 - 12:25Next generation screening technology & how this can significantly improve security
- Find out how airports operators are implementing remote security screening to manage varying traffic volumes and improve efficiency
- Standoff explosives detection – how soon could this be applicable to airports?
- How can different screening technologies & processes can be integrated to increase security levels
13:25 - 13:55The future of biometrics
- Biometric-enabled self-boarding, which removes the need for passengers to present their travel documents
- Overcoming passenger pushback – effective education
- When we will see a fully biometric airport?
13:55 - 14:25The modern airport and cyber security
- Where assets are most vulnerable to a cyber-attack?
- What is your risk to a cyber threat and how can it be reduced?
- Identifying and removing insider threats
14:25 - 14:55Panel Discussion: Information and data sharing to enhance the security experience
- Cross border data sharing and airline collaboration for smarter security
- Are digital borders achievable? What would this look like in the future?
15:25 - 16:45Roundtable discussions: The future of Airport Security
These sessions have been designed to enable thought-provoking discussions in a more informal & interactive setting. Each table will be lead by an industry expert who will facilitate discussions on the hottest topics in airport security and how to stay ahead of threats!
- Cyber threats – what’s coming next?
- Biometrics and the future of document-less travel
- Smart security – combatting the unexpected threats
- Future security standards and regulations
- Industry collaboration: Government, Airports & Airlines
16:45 - 16:55Closing remarks from Chairman